01 02 03 Chantilly Rose: More Canvas Experimentation 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

More Canvas Experimentation

34
Hello there!

Today I've got another canvas to share.  It started life as a Windsor and Newton canvas board that had been relinquished to the cellar, and some random scraps of paper from my scrap drawer.

To start off, I covered the whole thing in a layer of Gesso.  I then pasted random pieces of patterned paper all over the board, and filled the gaps with some old book pages.  To soften the edges down I then dry brushed some Gesso over the joins and edges.

Then, using ultra thick Gesso (and it is REALLY thick), and a stencil, I stencilled a textured damask design in white over the entire canvas.

The heart design was constructed using lots of different designs of washi tape which I attached to a cardboard heart, and then adhered to the board.  I also dry brushed this with Gesso, and used my Silky water soluble crayons to add a black shadow around the heart and edge of the board, blended in with my finger.

All that was left then was to adhere some embellishments, lace, and chipboard flourish (from Scrapfellows, who make THE best chipboard shapes) in the corner.  I first coloured the flourish using Spectrum Noir markers and then adhered it to the board.




Well, that's it!

I am also entering this into the 'Mixed Media Place' Courage Challenge - it takes a lot of courage to try new things!

I hope you like.

Katie xx
35 36 37 38