01 02 03 Chantilly Rose: A Mini Album 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

A Mini Album

34
.................Hello

Yes, it's been a while.... however after lots of nagging from a certain Irish person I have finally decided to post on my blog..!!  It's been that long that I had forgotten my Blogger password and the format has completely changed.  I have to be honest, I'm struggling!  So hopefully it will look OK when I publish it :)

Firstly, here is a super quick wedding card I made to go along with the mini album that will follow.  I put so many hours into the album that I kind of ran out of steam for the card! So it's an extra speedy stamped card.  I used the new stamps that I bought in Alexandra Palace in London earlier this year - the butterfly set from Craftwork Cards.  I stamped it using various colours of Memento (I'd love to go and check the colours for you, but to be honest life is just too short), and then matted it onto Gemstone Coredinations cardstock, and added some flat back pearls to the bodies of the butterflies (another idea stolen from the said Irish person that has been bullying me into blogging again!)  I stamped a quick sentiment using a set from Hero Arts - Everyday Sayings.


Now onto the Mini Album.  This took FOREVER.  I made it as a wedding present for one of my closest college friends.  I facebook stalked her, stole lots of photos and ordered them to be printed, which was actually surprisingly more difficult than you would expect, as I wanted to put all of their trips into chronological order, however she didn't upload them in chronological order, and she also didn't necessarily upload them at the time that they were taken! So I did my best and tried to get clues from the dates of the comments, etc..  It was a headache.  I'm not a stalker, honest! Haha.

Anyway, as they had been to some quite exotic places, I used a paper collection that I have been hoarding for quite a while - Que Sera Sera by K & Co.  The colours are deep and rich, which was also a challenge for me as I am used to using pale, shabby hues.  I inked up everything using Walnut Stain Distress Ink and embellished with Prima flowers, Wild Orchid flowers, lace, pearls, pins, some postage stamps and some clips from the Follow Your Heart Collection from My Mind's Eye.  I also made some roses using the paper collection and a die from Marianne Designs.  I cut the lettering and swirls using my Big Shot and embellished using Glossy Accents.







 

I love this picture because we now all know that he had a ring in his pocket :)



Well, that's it! I shall try to be a better blogger from now on, but I'm not promising anything :)

Katie xxxxxxxxxxx
35 36 37 38