01 02 03 Chantilly Rose: Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything But A Card! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything But A Card!

34
Good Morning


This week over at Simon Says Stamp and Show we have a supremely easy challenge for you to play along with: anything but a card! The Design Team are really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

This album is more special than most. A few months ago, I trawled through my grandmothers ancient wooden chest of equally ancient photos, and stole a few, as well as some genuine vintage ephemera of her life, for example the ballet certificate from when she was a child (I also learnt ballet when I was a kid, but let's not get into that), and her ration card from the wartime years.
I promised her that the photos would return to her unharmed, and about four months later, I finally finished the project!
I needed to keep it simple, as she wouldn't be into pulling out lots of tags etc, however, it was very well recieved, and promptly repackaged up to take to show her friends at her art class that afternoon.

Her ballet class, and photos from her late teens..

Photos from the time of her courtship and honeymoon, and on the right hand side, my Grandad..

Childhood photos...

Their wedding, and first baby...

My great grandmother and other relatives out on a day trip, and my uncle...

Swivelling around to reveal more photos...

Lifting up to reveal an accordian style foldout...



An apt expression for the avid letter writer...

Products used: K+Co Life's Journey collection, frames and ephemera, Distress Inks, Prima Flowers, Martha Stewart punch, Hero Arts 'Sew Cute' stamps, Tim Holtz Accoutrements, Tim Holtz tickets, and Distress Stickles

xoxo Katie

35 36 37 38