Engagement Banner


And here, modelled by my lovely and very obliging assistant, a banner created as a present for a newly engaged couple.  Lots of inking, stamping, and snipping involved on this one, but it turned out well in the end!  The whole thing was finished off with just enough WOC flower embellishments to pretty it up without being too much.

Until next time,


'Create' canvas

This little canvas was more of an experiment:  I started off by collaging a lot of random patterned papers onto the canvas, and then layered up with gesso, colour, and then stencilled over the whole thing using a scraper and ultra thick gesso.  I then collaged on my 3D elements, after gessoing over them a bit to tone them down,

A few trinket boxes....


On closer inspection in my photo folders on my laptop I realised that I hadn't blogged ANY of these trinket boxes!

All of these were made from scratch using very heavy board, framers tape, a variety of patterned papers and usually embellishments from WOC and Prima.

Hope you like!


More Canvas Experimentation

Hello there!

Today I've got another canvas to share.  It started life as a Windsor and Newton canvas board that had been relinquished to the cellar, and some random scraps of paper from my scrap drawer.

To start off, I covered the whole thing in a layer of Gesso.  I then pasted random pieces of patterned paper all over the board, and filled the gaps with some old book pages.  To soften the edges down I then dry brushed some Gesso over the joins and edges.

Then, using ultra thick Gesso (and it is REALLY thick), and a stencil, I stencilled a textured damask design in white over the entire canvas.

The heart design was constructed using lots of different designs of washi tape which I attached to a cardboard heart, and then adhered to the board.  I also dry brushed this with Gesso, and used my Silky water soluble crayons to add a black shadow around the heart and edge of the board, blended in with my finger.

All that was left then was to adhere some embellishments, lace, and chipboard flourish (from Scrapfellows, who make THE best chipboard shapes) in the corner.  I first coloured the flourish using Spectrum Noir markers and then adhered it to the board.

Well, that's it!

I am also entering this into the 'Mixed Media Place' Courage Challenge - it takes a lot of courage to try new things!

I hope you like.

Katie xx

Spotlight On: Crafter's Companion's 'Makey Bakey Mice'

Good Morning

Today's post is based on the awesome 'Makey Bakey Mice' range from Crafter's Companion.  You can buy the stamps HERE.

In my continued mission to do something a bit 'different', in these cards I have tried to make the focus all about the images.  The images are fantastic so they really don't need much to look good - and I've really concentrated on simplifying the entire process, to let the image speak for itself and give a much fresher, cleaner look.

If I could figure out how to thread my sewing machine I may have stitched some of these layers together.  Who am I kidding, I would also need to work out how to USE the thing, let alone just thread it.  Ok,.... so maybe I am just dreaming....

On this one I've paper pieced the flowers to give more interest to the image...

All the images are coloured with Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers.

Anyway that's it for today, now it's time for some porridge...

Katie xx

Spotlight On : Oxford Impressions 'Bonbon' - CHOCOLATE!


Another 'spotlight' post today: this time from the Oxford Impressions 'Bonbon' collection.  My mother will testify to the fact that I have owned this set for a VERY long time and never used them, so the time had definitely come.

First up some more CAS cards, all images are coloured with Spectrum Noirs which you can purchase HERE.

 This one was more of a joke ... sending a 'love' card to chocolate would be the type of thing that I would do......

Check it out... it's the angel... OF CHOCOLATE...

Here I've mixed it up a bit and had a play with my Luminarte Radiant Rain sprays.  They give a lovely shimmer to the background.  I've also added some Glossy Accents to the heart.

This next one was made up of the scraps and leftover stamped images left on my desk... I think the heart makes a very cute balloon!  But don't go drifting away there, Mr Chocolate Angel, I need you in my life....

And finally another one where I used some red Glimmer Mist for the background, and LOTS of Glossy Accents on the heart.  They really POP out of the background.

I think my next 'Spotlight' is going to feature some very cute little mice.... watch this space!